Chief Product Officer, Transparency
Leading marketing attribution platform in automotive
March 2016 – Present | Burlington, Vermont | Lake Mary, FL
- Responsible for overall Product Strategy and Development at Transparency.
- Today’s consumers prefer to shop anonymously. Transparency gives third party publishers and their clients the ability to measure the value of their audience by matching an unknown online shopper to a specific offline transaction without using cookies or tracking pixels.
Leading technology platform in automotive.
October 2012 – December 2014 (2 years 3 months) Burlington, Vermont | New York, NY
- Reported directly to the CEO of Dealer.com during the acquisition by DealerTrack [NASDAQ: TRAK].
- Executed on key initiatives related to the integration of the two businesses:
- Served as functional leader of the sales organization during management restructuring.
- Designed, implemented and managed the pilot for a new internal CRM system
- Appointed to Dealer.com’s programmatic advertising business to accelerate advertising revenue.
- Developed a digital advertising budget allocation algorithm which enabled customers to identify an optimal advertising mix.
- Sponsored to complete two-year MBA program at New York University.
- On October 1st 2015 Cox Enterprises, Inc. acquired DealerTrack [NASDAQ: TRAK] for $4B.
Vice President, Dealer.com
Leading digital marketing platform in automotive.
July 2005 – September 2012 (7 years 2 months) Burlington, Vermont | Manhattan Beach, CA
Dan was an integral member of Dealer.com’s executive team with direct responsibility for key strategic, financial and operational initiatives required to grow the organization from a 50-person startup to a profitable, growth-stage company with 800+ employees. Dan’s successful development of Dealer.com’s workforce and his effective management of growth stage investments from Accel Partners and APAX Private Equity enabled the business to achieve a market share leadership position. As a result of this success, Dealer.com was recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies, Deloitte’s Fast 500, and Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work. After 16 years of rapid revenue and profit expansion, Dealer.com was acquired on March 3rd 2014 by DealerTrack [NASDAQ: TRAK] for $1.15B.
- Led a 120-person account management division based out of Dealer.com’s Burlington Vermont Headquarters, Los Angeles California office, as well as regional field locations.
- Division managed all client partnerships including Acura, Audi, BMW, Chrysler US, Chrysler Canada, Fiat, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Volvo.
- Sponsored initiatives to grow revenue and EBITDA over 60% per year and 50% per year, respectively.
- Exceeded annual revenue targets and developed a business resource forecasting model to successfully allocate and manage the operating budget.
- Recruited and trained 300 digital advisors to scale Dealer.com’s customer experience. Over 100 employees promoted to management, marketing, product, operations and engineering roles.
- Designed growth strategy to launch a west coast office in California, which developed from 5 employees to over 50 employees in under three years.
- Authored a proprietary digital marketing strategy library and delivered on-location client presentations advising executive teams.
- Managed partnerships with Google, advertising agencies, and data providers
- Achieved 2nd highest Net Promoter rating in software industry.
Finance Associate, Burton Snowboards
December 2004–May 2005 | Burlington, Vermont
- Performed financial analysis needed for monthly reporting of international revenue and expenses
Lead IT Analyst, Saint Michael’s College
December 2001–May 2005 | Burlington, Vermont
- Led IT services team that supported 5,000+ user network